Friday, August 26, 2011

Bookshelves

I love Jane Austen!
Her books get a shelf of their very own!

Another group of books I enjoy is The Chronicles of Narnia! C.S. Lewis is a genius!

This here is my "fun" shelf! Mostly fiction and historical fiction.

Liz's Top 5 Books from her Fun Shelf:

The Sherwood Ring by Elizabeth Marie Pope

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

A Murder for Her Majesty by Beth Hilgartner

The Scarlet Pimpernell by Baroness Orczy

Then there's my Christian Living Shelf. This is on it's own bookcase that is being used as my nightstand at the moment, so I can keep it close to me. ;)

Liz's Top 5 Books from her Christian Living Shelf:

The Bible by God- The story of creation, the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and the message of love and redemption.

Dangerous Wonder by Michael Yaconelli- Living out a child-like faith.

Lady in Waiting by Jackie Kendall and Debbie Jones- Becoming God's best while waiting for Mr. Right.

Pro-life Answers to Pro-Choice Arguments by Randy Alcorn- Practical, reliable answers to common pro-choice assertions.

Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris- A teenage rebellion against low expectations. Read away! :)

2 comments:

fairy tale said...

Aw! I remember reading 'The Sherwood Ring' because you told me it was good!:]

Inna said...

*Sigh* I do so love books. :)