Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My first cup of coffee!

So I don't drink coffee.
At least I didn't.
But today I did!
So this summer at camp, there were a few coffee...fanatics,
and they were always proclaiming the marvels of coffee.
So I tried some.
It wasn't good.
The kind I tried was not exactly top quality, and I
later found out that another aspiring coffee drinker
had put in about four times the amount of creamer I had.
So today I was meeting some friends at Starbucks, and I arrived
a little earlier than they did, so I stepped up to the counter and
said something along the lines of:
"Hi, I would like some kind of drink with coffee in it,
but also so much sugar and cream that the coffee is not
the main thing hitting my taste buds! What would that be?"
I ended up getting an Iced Caramel Mocha, and I enjoyed it very much,
although I wonder if my coffee-happy friends would consider it "legit" coffee!
We'll see how adventurous we are next time! ;)

3 comments:

April Nichole said...

Liz,

Myself being one of those coffee...fanatics, I would say that Starbucks iced caramel mochas are legit coffee. It is a great start to your coffee adventures however, I would encourage you to continue your endeavors as the days get colder and the drinks get hotter. Black coffee is maybe a few months away but Caramel Machiattos (sp?) are the BEST! :) But beware, coffee is also short for "stealer of the small/very small funds of a broke college student". Love you and am so proud of you girl!
PS--if you meet ME for coffee, I'll buy :)

Inna said...

Yay Liz! Way to step out and join the coffee drinking family! Good work, girl. :)

hanktherancher said...

Yes, I would have to agree with April on this one, it's just a step away from the real thing, we'll have you addicted in no time! Mwahaha..next year YOU can buy the coffee that ain't the filtered dirt at camp lol. Caribu anyone? Nothin' like some strong morning blend to wake you up in the morning!